Medeco M³ Bilevel 1' Mortise Cylinder 26D, Combinated (Keys Sold Seperately)
Medeco® Rim and Mortise cylinders provide patented key control and UL437 Physical Security in adaptable retrofit cylinder formats.
Medeco® Mortise cylinders have threads on the outside of the shell and are designed to be screwed into other manufacturer's mortise lock cases. A cam on the back of the cylinder operates the lock mechanism and a set screw holds the mortise cylinder in place. Medeco®Rim cylinders are used with auxiliary rim locks such as: surface mounted deadbolts, night latches, panic devices and jimmyproof locks (also know as vertical dropbolts or interlocking deadbolts).
Rim cylinders are held in place with a back plate and two mounting screws.
10 series, rim and mortise cylinders, are UL437 listed for drill and pick resistance, and the those that incorporate the Biaxial® design, offer utility patented key control.
Rim and Mortise cylinders can be ordered with a variety of different cylinder technologies, including the features below for Medeco³
- Utility patented key control, (for cylinders that incorporate the Medeco3 design), provides protection against the unauthorized duplication of keys
- A special elevating and rotating pin tumbler design, along with false slots on the bottom pins, mushroom top pins and a sidebar mechanism, work together, to provide superior pick resistance
- Angled cuts on the keys, along with fore and aft positioning, and the reciprocal slider of the Medeco3design, provide added dimensions that dramatically increases key combinations and enables Medeco®to produce some of the largest master key systems in the industry
- Hardened steel inserts, positioned in critical areas of the cylinder, provide a high degree of drill resistance
- Solid brass construction provides high quality and long cylinder life
- Set screw pin chamber caps allow quick and easy pinning and re-keying without the need to take the cylinder apart
- Large variety of cylinder lengths and cam/tailpiece configurations provide excellent retrofit capability and reduce the need to replace the entire locking device