Medeco X4 Small Format Interchangeable Core (SFIC) 26D
Medeco® X4 Small Format Interchangeable Cores (SFIC) provide utility patented key control for applications that don't require a UL listed cylinder. Designed to allow the user to instantaneously remove and replace cores through the use of a control key, Medeco® X4 cores provide the ultimate in convenience.
Medeco® X4 is well suited for facilities with high turnover of employees, such as fast food restaurants, convenience stores, and other similar businesses. Medeco® X4 is also suitable for apartments, office buildings, schools, and hospitals where strict control over key duplication is required.
Medeco® SFIC products can be ordered with a variety of different cylinder technologies.
- Cylinders can quickly and easily be changed by non-technical personal by using a special control key which will remove the core from the lock housing. A core with a new combination can then be inserted and the lock will then effectively be "re-keyed". All of this can be done without having to take the lock apart which reduces the expense of calling outside service personnel to perform routine lock "re-keys".
- Solid brass construction for excellent durability
- Spool shaped top and bottom pins add a measure of pick resistance
- Solid nickel silver bottom pins increase wear resistance
- Individual pin chamber caps provide for ease of servicing
- Locks can be keyed alike, keyed different, or master keyed depending on your specific needs.
- Provides a key control retrofit for other manufacturers SFIC products in use in a variety of facilities..